- 3 cups assorted herbs and salad greens (see Note)
- 2 medium fresh kiwis peeled and sliced (see Note)
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch of sea salt, optional
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped raw pistachios
- In a salad bowl, lightly toss together herbs and greens, kiwis, and bell pepper.In a small dish, make the dressing by whisking together the orange juice, olive oil, black pepper,
- orange zest, and sea salt, if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss together. Sprinkle with the pistachios.
You may use pre-trimmed, prewashed herbs and salad greens in a bag, and/or substitute fresh strawberries for the kiwis.
Recipe Courtesy of Sharon Palmer, RDN