A delicious recipe for kale salad with lemon yogurt dressing inspired by my latest trip to ALDI. PLUS, a giveaway for $100 ALDI Gift Card!This post is sponsored by ALDI. Thanks for supporting the brands and organizations that help make TFD possible. As always, all opinions are my own!
A couple weeks ago, I professed my ALDI love to ya’ll and explained my top 3 reasons why you should try ALDI. If you missed it, definitely go back so you can start drinking the ALDI kool aid too.
As I mentioned in my last post, ALDI made sure we did not go hungry during our tour. We sampled ALDI recipes, taste tested ALDI products and even did a blind taste test. Not to mention, nibbling on hors d’oeuvres, sipping on wine and the piece de resistance, dinner feast. Yes, we were well fed.
All the ALDI recipes we sampled were made using ALDI products and they were all delicious. Here’s a sneak peak at a few we sampled:
And my favorite recipe…
After we sampled these recipes, we watched a cooking demo with Chef Brigitte Prather who made the ALDI Kale Salad with Lemon Yogurt Dressing. We then tried our hand at video taping our own demos of this recipe. But I never actually got to taste this recipe so I wanted to recreate it at home adding a couple twists of my own.
I love making kale salads for lunch – it does require a little bit of TLC as you have to massage the kale for a few minutes to break down its tough fibers until the leaves begin to wilt. But it’s worth it. Plus, I find it to be therapeutic – it’s a good time to practice mindfulness!
I love the recipe for this dressing too because it calls for Greek yogurt, which does this amazing job of adding creaminess to your dressing plus a bonus protein boost! Make this kale salad for a healthy, satisfying lunch or serve it up at your next dinner party (holidays, anyone?!).
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Friendly Farms Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon SimplyNature Organic Wildflower Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Table Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Stonemill Essentials Peppercorn Grinder
For the Salad:
- 8 cups SimplyNature Organic Kale
- 1/2 cup SimplyNature Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces, divided
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Southern Grove unsalted almonds, divided
For the Dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper until smooth.
For the Salad:
- Toss dressing with kale and thoroughly mix, massaging into leaves. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Toss in freeze dried strawberries, half of the avocado and 2 tablespoons almonds. Mound into a medium serving bowl and top with remaining avocado and almonds.
Recipe inspired by Chef Mary Nolan, Bon Appetit. Printed with permission from ALDI.
If you’re looking to shop at ALDI for the upcoming holidays, I’ve got you covered. We’re giving away $100 ALDI Gift Card today! Giveaway runs through December 6th. Open to U.S. readers, 18+ years old. I’ll announce the winner on the blog next Thursday!