Friday Foodie Dietitian Favorites – my faves for the week – recipes, mindfulness, and inspiration.
On TFD This Week
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole via Adventures of MJ and Hungryman (we had this at Thanksgiving dinner last night – it was a HIT!)
Brussels Sprouts with hazelnuts, oregano, and sage via Healthy Seasonal (we also made this dish for Thanksgiving – so thankful for food blogger friends who give me delicious recipes to try!)
Mindfulness & Inspiration
Why You Need to Disconnect to Reconnect via Mindful Meals (tales of a social media detox)
The Coolest Thing About Gratitude via Elephant Journal (it affects your heart’s rhythm!)
The Secret to Feeling True Gratitude via An Avocado A Day (gotta get specific)
Gratitude & Life Updates
- I’m so grateful for my family, friends, and colleagues who support me and lift me up each and every day.
- I’m grateful for this year – the soul searching, the learning, the challenging, the risk-taking, and the discovering.
- I’m very grateful for all of you – I love our conversations and you inspire me to keep writing, keep photographing, and keep cooking. Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement. I love you all.
- I’m grateful for my yoga practice – that I have the strength and health to practice every day. I’m SO excited that I just got hired to teach yoga at Crunch Fitness! Looking forward to having regular classes every week.
- Steve and I are in Buffalo this weekend (actually, we’ve been here all week) and it’s been really nice to spend extra time with family and friends.
- I didn’t touch my phone once yesterday during Thanksgiving and it was SUCH a nice feeling. I focused instead on being present with my cousin’s kids – playing many rounds of duck, duck, goose, I Spy, and “Invisible”, and holding the cutest baby in the world who is so observant. It was refreshing to be present – to take in the quality time with the kids, to laugh at their silliness, to admire their innocence. It was nice to not have any other agenda. To worry about who was posting what and if I should post something. It was nice to give my presence.
Hope you all had a delicious and present Thanksgiving! xo
I’m a nutrition coach and yoga teacher helping people to learn to love food again. I love cooking, taking pictures of my food and traveling around the world. Follow my blog for delicious, seasonal vegetarian recipes and simple strategies to bring more yoga and mindfulness into your life. And check out my e-book to learn how to improve your health through nutrition and yoga. Show me what deliciousness you make! Tag me @karalydonRD on Instagram.