- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup creamy, unsalted peanut butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (vegan)
- Maldon sea salt (or any course sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed and water and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and flax eggs until smooth and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oats, chocolate, baking soda and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine until mixture is sticky.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, drop 2-inch rounds of dough onto the baking sheet so cookies are a few inches apart. Sprinkle course sea salt over tops of cookies. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown and somewhat firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Option to sprinkle a few more flakes of sea salt over top. Let cool completely before serving.
Tell me, what sweet treat will you be whipping up for Valentine’s Day?
For more vegan Valentine’s Day inspiration, try my recipes below: