Trader Joes Edamame Hummus and I have had a serious love affair for the past year. By love affair I mean I buy it every single time I shop at TJ’s which is usually about once a week. Seriously, every time. No exceptions. The weird thing is I was convinced I would have gotten sick of it by now. That, or I would have turned into an edamame. Neither of which have yet happened. Odd.
Despite my true love for Edamame Hummus, I have never attempted to make it at home. Moreover, I have never made any hummus homemade before! It is something that has been on my culinary to-do list for a while now.
This month’s Recipe Redux theme is Dressing For Success: condiments, spreads, & salad dressings. Hummus is one of my favorite spreads. Surprisingly, not too many people even know what hummus is. Hummus is a bean spread made of garbanzo beans and tahini. Makes for a great dip for veggies!
The Recipe Redux inspired me to buy the one thing that was holding me back from making hummus at home…a food processor, an essential kitchen tool.
- 1 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread on pitas, rice cakes, crackers. Or, use it as a condiment on a sandwich. Edamame hummus would taste great on a grilled veggie sandwich.
Interested in my other Recipe Reduxs? Check out my Blueberry Basil Lemonade Fizz or my Peanut Butter Banana “Ice Cream” With Dark Chocolate.
Peace, love, and food,
Take a look at what other dressings, spreads, and condiments the other Recipe Reduxers came up with this month:
- Carlene Helble-Carlene’s Figments – Roasted Eggplant Pepper Schmeer
- Deanna Segrave-Daly – Teaspoon of Spice – Sicilian Relish
- Cherie Schetselaar Grain Crazy – Fry Sauce
- Dr Barb – Nutrition Budgeteer – Jalapeno Ranch Dressing is Versatile & Healthier
- Elizabeth Jarrard- Don’t (White) Sugar-Coat it – Spicy Tahini Dressing
- Kara Lydon – Peace, Love, and Food – Edamame Hummus
- Kat Lynch – Eating The Week – Citrus Sesame Avocado Dressing
- Emma Stirling – The Scoop on Nutrition – Recipe Redux Kitchen Garden Salsa Verde
- Emma Cutfield-The Hearty Heart – Go-Go-Goji: Blood Building Salad Dressing
- Lisa @ Healthful Sense – Sweet Peanut Sauce & Dressing
- Regan @ The Professional Palate – Ponzu Sauce
- Danielle Omar – Food Confidence RD – Recipe Redux: Your New Favorite Vinaigrette
- Stephanie Howard – Give Them Something Better – Creamy Garlic Feta Dressing
- Nicole Ferring Holovach – Whole Health RD – Mapple Salad Dressing
- Kristen @ Swanky Dietitian – Italian Vinaigrette Artichoke Dressing
- Ann Dunaway Teh – Eat to Nourish, Energize & Flourish – Thai Basil Peanut Pesto
- Kristina @ Love and Zest – Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- Meg @ Meg’s Food Reality – Sweet Potato Hummus
- gretchen | kumquat – dariy-free ranch dressing
- Everyday Tastiness – Pistachio Butter
- Alysa Bajenaru – Inspired RD – How to Roast Garlic & a Recipe for Roasted Garlic Hummus
- EA Stewart-The Spicy RD – Creamy Triple Pepper and Kale Dip
- Liz Weiss & Janice Newell Bissex – Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen – Garden-Fresh Tomato & Avocado Salsa