April Showers bring May….showers.
Not talking that wet weather we all so desperately wish away during the month of April but talking about the kind of showers that bring so much joy. Bridal, baby, grad parties, you name it. Lucky for me, these here showers usually coincide with my favorite meal ever. Brunch.
That’s why this month, Recipe Redux is featuring delicious brunch dishes, fit for a shower.
I’m typically a savory brunch girl. Don’t get me wrong, I love my sweets but I usually crave some sort of protein-packed dish with eggs to get me through the afternoon. In keeping with savory protein dishes, I opted to make a frittata. But since we’re in shower season, we went mini with these bad boys.
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4oz smoked salmon, cut into 1/4in-thick pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2.5oz goat cheese
- 1/4c non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4c half-and-half
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/8c chives
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a standard-size muffin tin.
- Heat olive oil in small pan and add onion, cooking for a few minutes, until softened. Remove from heat and add smoked salmon and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together: eggs, goat cheese, yogurt, half-and-half, scallions, chives. Add in onion and smoked salmon and mix to combine.
- Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 full with egg mixture. Set muffin pan on middle rack and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Pairs perfectly with a simple arugula salad with EVOO, lemon, S&P.
We served this up for dinner one night. Ever heard of breakfast for dinner? Best kind.
Happy May Showers!
Peace, love and food.
Check out the other shower brunch recipes this month by clicking through to the link below.